- paying the estate billz. there are many of them.
- corresponding with various estate related people regarding stuff that needs to be addressed. also numerous.
- researching new Chicago based therapists. by the time i'm finished dealing with my siblings, I'm going to need some professional assistance.
- evidently engagement rings should be insured so I don't freak out when I nearly drop it down the bathroom drain? yeah. so why not insure ALL OF MY CRAP? great idea!
- investing large sums of life insurance money in a CD isn't nearly as complicated as I was expecting it to be. Just like my father, I log on each morning to see how much money i've made. it makes me smile to know we're alike in that manner. and to know that my money is making money by JUST SITTING THERE. awesome.
- reallocating which funds my retirement monies are invested in. also, not as difficult as I expected it to be.
to top all of those REALLY exciting things off, dice and I spent a chunk of time on Saturday morning determining our budgeting schema for the wedding. my dad was planning to contribute a significant amount for the wedding, and well... he kicked the ol' bucket. so yeah. there may or may not be money allocated from the estate for the wedding, but it's going to be months at the very least before any of that is sorted out, so we're moving forward with the idea that we will be picking up the tab for what my dad would have contributed. and really, there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be able to. we're both gainfully employed. (in fact, one of us got a big old promotion that they're not writing about. probably because neither of us has really blogged for a while, but whatever.) We're not THAT high maintenance. We have a ridiculous amount of time to save. really, it's not that complicated. evidently it just requires us being "responsible" and not eating out all the time and spending money on frivolous things. WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE? we'll see how it goes. in the meantime, we're going to pretend to be paupers and live like we're college students again (ie - we're going to buy the CHEAP beer instead of the high brow stuff). so yeah. fun times. all I know is that if drinking the cheap beer = not incurring debt from something as stupid as a wedding (yes, I just called my own wedding stupid)? well, I'm WAY excited about that.
In more fun news, we spent the entire beautiful weekend wandering around the city. Sunday we went down to Michigan Avenue because dice's coworker told him she was volunteering and that there would be cute dogs EVERYWHERE. sure enough, there were. I thought I was going to pass out from all the doggie cuteness. good grief.
On the running front, we FINALLY managed to get out of bed early this morning to get a run in. We've gotten a few sporadic, shorter runs in over the past few weeks, but otherwise our running shoes have been sorely neglected. OH! that reminds me, I got some new running shoes! I got a pair of Mizuno Alchemys and they are wonderful. but anyways, we got up at 5 the morning and were out the door by a quarter after or so and got a short run in before ending up at the gym to lift. it felt wonderful to be sore while getting ready for work! We got our run in early so we don't have to worry about it this evening. It's really much easier to get over the Pistons blowing the series against the Celtics when the Red Wings are pretty much on the cusp of winning the stanley cup. Some dude at the bar we were in the other day made a comment about me cheering for the Wings and he was all, "Oh yeah, where were the Wings ten years ago?" and I was like, "uh, I don't know, winning the Cup for the second year in a row?"
in other words, people are stupid. same old, same old around here, folks!

3 comments:
Sounds like some weighty decisions are being made in your neck of the woods. Take care of yourselves and enjoy the mac and cheese (certainly not Kraft, but the no-brand kind).
Grown-up decisions suck, but glad to see that you got through it.
To be honest I couldn't even tell you where our wedding photo album is at this point, so I hear you on not going into debt. The marriage lasts a whole lot longer than the wedding...
I so think you need a dog.....
Post a Comment