Sunday, June 08, 2008

stuff.

we were lazy today. really lazy. and so i'm sitting here on the couch with lappy on my lap and I asked dice if I should blog, and he said, "yes." and I said, "about what?" and he said, "stuff." so i'm blogging about stuff tonight, I guess.

This weekend has been nice and relaxing. We ran an easy 6 yesterday morning. It was one of the first "hot" runs of the season, and when we ran by the fountain at Navy Pier and saw a bunch of children (and a few adults) running through the water that was spouting out of the thing... well, I just had to look at dice and give him a grin and it was understood that we were heading that way. Nothing makes you feel more like a kid than being sprayed with water from a fountain. As I laughed and smiled with every woosh of the fountain that drenched us, I looked around and saw the each person there, adult and child alike, had the same look of enjoyment and glee on their face. really, it's moments like that that make you feel like you don't have a care in the world. I think I may just spend the rest of my life seeking out those moments, recognizing when they come, and focusing on remembering how carefree life can be if you let it.

Later that afternoon, we both had long overdue eye exams. My prescription hasn't changed, but i'm long overdue for some new contacts. Unfortunately, getting an eye exam often means getting your eyes dilated. Let me tell you how fun that is on a sunny summer afternoon. We spent the entire walk back complaining about how bright the light was and how much it hurt. you'd think we were a couple of vampires or something.

what's there to do if you can't be outside in the sun? you sit in and watch movies, duh. So we essentially had a movie-o-thon yesterday afternoon. By the time the movies were complete it was time to mildly groom ourselves so we could meet a couple of friends out for drinks. two bars and a couple of beers at their apartment later, it was 3:00 in the morning and we were all beat. Dice and I headed back home for some well deserved sleep.

By the time we woke up late this morning it was storming, so there was nothing we could do besides chill out until things cleared up a bit. Then we took a walk around the 'hood and wandered over to the grocery store we don't usually go to so we could walk through some parts of the neighborhood we don't usually explore. by the time we got back it was time for dinner.

Aside from that, work is good. Things have settled down a bit for me, at least, in terms of the whole estate issues and such (although I'm still having issues with a sibling or two). We've been spending a lot of time meeting up with people and enjoying the summer season here... last weekend we had dinner with a couple that we don't see nearly often enough and this past week we gathered a group together to go see the White Sox/Royals game. We had a ton of fun and spending time with these people always renews our intentions to get this particular group together more often. It always makes me miss hanging out with the girls though, and I hope we all have the chance to get together soon.

Alright, I'm going to watch the celtics blow this huge lead and then head to bed. being lazy makes me super tired, evidently. Longish run on the docket tomorrow, so I'd better rest up...

4 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Lucky for us the Celtics managed to hang on and take a 2-0 lead!!

Love the story about the fountain. I can almost see you two jumping around in it. Sounds great to me.

Iron Jayhawk said...

Sounds like you two had a fabulous weekend. :)

MNFirefly said...

I love lazy weekend. Boo on eye exams!

MNFirefly said...

P.S. You have been TAGGED!

 
Site Meter