The first day of school is quickly approaching. I remember my last first day of school in undergrad. My dad happened to be in Ann Arbor for some reason and drove me to my class so that I wouldn't have to take the bus to north campus. Along the way I got a text from my then boyfriend (now the ex) wishing me a happy last first day of school ever.
For a few years after I finished undergrad, the first day of school came and went and it was nice to not have the pressure of another school year upon me. Then I guess I missed it, because I went back to grad school and it started all over again for a few years.
I graduated grad school and then, again, thought I was done. BUT! evidently I'm not. Thursday will be my first day of school, only this semester I am teaching a course instead of acting as a student. It's something I thought about doing in the spring and then the wheels were set in motion and now the semester is here! It's an easy, one credit course, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but it will give me a bit of teaching experience, which will be awesome. And, well, it pays, which is also totally awesome. I'm pretty much putting it all in the wedding fund.
They're just college kids. How hard can it be to educate them, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds totally fun and exciting. Good luck. You will do great!
Good luck Professor Mouse. You'll be great at it.
Post a Comment