first of all, a big, public congratulations to skitzo, who successfully defended her dissertation yesterday. So now she is Dr. Skitzo, and I couldn't be more proud of her. I was just telling someone two days ago about her theory on sun dried tomatoes, and how they fill up your stomach by rehydrating while in your belly. I had to tell the person I was telling the story to that, "no, for real... she's a genius. that particular theory just sounds wacky."
so YAY FOR DR. SKITZO!
in other news, I finally had a doctor's appointment today. I've had this particular appointment scheduled since January, but I had to cancel a few times and it takes FOR-EV-ER to get a new patient appointment with this particular practice (they were recommended to me as "really good" by a friend) and today my appointment finally came. hooray! the appointment took TWO AND A HALF HOURS. ridiculous.
anyways, this particular doctor has cemented her way in my heart by telling me I never have to have a period again if I don't want to. She also talked to me about my running and informed me that I really SHOULD be on birth control, regardless of obvious reasons, because running more than 30 or so miles can screw with your cycle and it's good to keep things "normalized." so yeah.
I was way behind on getting my last HPV vaccination shot, and I had to pay a bunch of money for it, but whatever. I know that in THEORY, it shouldn't matter now, but you never know what's around the corner on this silly journey of life. I joked with dice about how if he ever died or we got divorced and I started dating again, I'd be happy I was protected, and... well, it REALLY KIND OF BOTHERED ME that he didn't seem at ALL phased that I said that. and then I think he stopped looking at his Blackberry and said, "I heard you, don't worry. neither of those things is EVER going to happen."
so that's that.
I decided this past week that I have to start getting my runs done in the morning, because otherwise I am just too wiped out by the time evening comes and I make to many excuses. There will always be an excuse in life to put off a run or to take care of myself. It is MY JOB to make sure this a priority. I have used "feeling shitty about people dying on me" as a reason to not run too many times, whether it's warranted or not, and when it's all said and done, there's no guarantee that life gets easier, that this is just a horrible phase in my life. I joke about how i'm going to celebrate when I turn 30 because my 20's were pretty shitty to me (besides meeting dice, that is) but I know more than anyone that there is no guarantee that my 30s will be any better.
anyways, point being... I need to take care of myself. regardless of the excuses. So yesterday was an early morning 9 miler (at a pretty speedy pace, I must say) and this morning was an easy 5. we'll see how tomorrow's early LT run goes. I have a really hard time with anything involving "speed" in the morning.
oh, and we came thisclose to being stuck in that horrible storm on Monday, as we unwisely saw the radar and headed out for 6 anyways. we got back JUST IN TIME before the worst part of the storm came through.
so it's been a pretty active week over in these parts.
This weekend is looking to be a bit crazy, but I'm looking forward to getting the long run done and to spending some time with oodles of friends. HOORAY FOR THE WEEKEND!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the information you received from your doc.
Have a great weekend!
Another way to avoid having a period is to always be pregnant! Hmmmmm.....just a thought!
Thanks again for thinking of me. It's gonna be superawesome.
Post a Comment