Thursday, July 28, 2005

tragedy!

I went to go cut up one of my remaining canteloupe last night and it was growing fuzz! I cut it open anyways thinking maybe the inside could be salvaged (after all, you don't eat the rind) but alas, parts of it were all mooshy. How tragic! So I had to make a stop out to the grocery store to pick up more fruit.

Despite making a valiant effort to get a good night's sleep last night - I was in bed by 10:00 and everything - I did not sleep well and must have woken up 5 times throughout the night. I opted to skip the morning run when my alarm clock started buzzing and I think it was a good decision. I've been pretty exhausted lately. Plus, it's only supposed to be 79 and 50% humidity (max) so I should have no problem running outside after work. And it's only 4 miles, so it won't take long. I love this cooler weather!

Special props go out to the more normal half of the west coast duo for giving me some excellent advice on weight lifting. I was a bit concerned that I should change what I'm doing after reading what some "experts" have to say on the subject of marathoning and weight training, but he reassured me that I'll be fine.

Guess what? It's tea time!

No comments:

 
Site Meter