Sunday, December 18, 2005

today?

is the best day EVER. do you know why? because the colts lost. hooray for the chargers! I *heart* you!!!! On a related note, the Bengals kicked some Lion ass today, too, which was rather humorous. I had to shoosh my cheering in the bar because everyone here is a Lions fan. I have no idea why. Carson Palmer is dreeeeeeamy.

so someone (I think it was rob) wanted to know where my love of football comes from. Good question. Especially since I don't think I attended more than 4 football games in high school. Then I went to Michigan for undergrad, where it's practically a freaking rule that you be a Michigan football fan. My ex (who I dated all through undergrad) was a huge Michigan football fan, which I think also helped fuel my love for the game. Then since I graduated all of my ex-roommates have become Michigan football fans to some extent (I know, weird that it happened AFTER we graduated... well, actually MoMo was a big fan while in college too).

This past year, the Air Force friend has gotten me to start watching and getting excited about pro football. I used to watch the Bengals v. Browns game when my ex was in med school in Cincinnati, that's how I became a Bengals fan, but that used to be the extent of my NFL watching for the season. This year I've become more invested in the NFL because I have the team I like (the Bengals) and now I have a few teams I hate (the Packers, the Colts) so it's fun to watch to see how the teams do each week.

So there it is. Hooray for the Chargers! woo-hoo! boooooo Colts!

6 comments:

MplsJu said...

How can you not root for the Patriots? They're practically Michigan's NFL team :) Well, less now that Ty Law's not on the team, but the QB - arguably the face of the team - is the QB from our years in college!

brent d. said...

I have to have something that gets me excited when watching sports... like gambling for example. I only watch basketball for March Madness and usually only watch the Superbowl if I can find a pool. Our Titans are at the point that, if they win the remaining games this season, they'll still SUCK. so... I'm glad your team is winning! =D

brent d. said...

(oh, and i would email this to you but you don't have your email posted... thanks for the comment earlier. that sparked a little convo between me and rae. it also makes me want to hang in there longer for the next run. see, i think you helped both me and rae out today. THANKS! have a great day!)

onepinkfuzzy said...

Three cheers for the Chargers! (Okay, so I was hoping a little bit that the Colts could remain unbeaten, just cuz that'd be cool.) What I'd like to know is how the Dolphins beat them last week....

I'm a huge football fan too. (Now how did I end up taking my long runs on Sunday??)

Anonymous said...

I was hoping the Colts would remain unbeaten this week so that Seattle could beat them next week. Maybe we can give them their 2nd loss. And, Yes, I am only a football fan when my team is winning. We have had our hearts broken to many times over here in Seattle with our sports teams. I used to be a big fan of all of them even though they always sucked when I was a kid.

About Me: said...

the chargers rule.
i knew colts were overrated. knew they just needed to face a real team to get their score settled.

too bad the bolts embarrased me last week. but i'll take it this week.

(oh, quick question -- how many times can i see the replays of the chargers victory before they become monotonous? answer -- forever! i can see them forever and they will never grow old nor boring)
signed, happy chargers fan.

 
Site Meter