Thursday, January 04, 2007

NEW YEAR, NEW YOU!

meh. I woke up hungover on the first. same old me. and i'm fine with that.

sooooo... let's see. Tuesday, I ate leftover seven layer dip and chips for dinner (hey... if creamy salsa qualifies as breakfast in sunshine's eyes, I can eat seven layer dip for dinner) and then headed over to run 5 miles on the 'mill and lift legs. not surprisingly, my ass has been hurting the last two days.

Yesterday I headed out to try out some of the new gear I got for Christmas and did 6 miles outside. have I mentioned that I love my headlamp? because I do. it's awesome. a lot of people must have made a resolution to start walking, because there were a ton of people out walking on the usually empty sidewalk.

today I was up eaaaaaaaaarly to go to a dentist appointment, so I am the sleepiest girl ever today. i'm going to try getting a few treadmill miles in and lift again tonight. we'll see how that goes.

OH. while I was treadmilling on Tuesday a guy came in to use the 'mills. both were being used (we just have a small fitness center in our clubhouse). so he just stood there and hovered, waiting for us to finish. well, I still had 2 miles to go, and the other guy got on after I did. WHO STANDS THERE AND HOVERS?! good grief! go find an alternative form of exercise, dude. i'm not giving up my 'mill.

two great posts that I stumbled upon this week...

Audrey reminded all the females out there to talk to their docs about the HPV vaccine. I got my first shot at my annual checkup last month, and I'm glad I asked when I did, because it's only available for 9-26 year olds right now (i'm 26 now, and will be 27 in a few months).

Bad Ben had some awesome advice for those of you out trail shoe shopping. great read if you've ever been baffled by the trail shoe market like I have.

all the rest of you are great, too. i'm just too lazy to mention you all.

OVER THE RHINE IS PLAYING AT THE ANN ARBOR FOLK FESTIVAL! who wants to go?!

8 comments:

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

The best revenge against treadmill hoverers is to say "I'm almost done," and then you proceed to run another 3 miles.

Anonymous said...

Dude, come on. The hovering was just a cover to stand there and check you out for 15 minutes. Everybody know that old trick.

Anonymous said...

YEah!!! I think it's the best vaccine ever!! Thanks for spreading the word.

Alison said...

I'm just trying to figure out how I haven't run into you in a bar yet. It's going to happen...someday. I go to bars a lot.

Do you like the Killer Flamingos?

MNFirefly said...

I have to second what Josh had to say in his comment. I HATE people who hover. HOW RUDE?!

teacherwoman said...

Mmmm...7 layer dip! Love it! That was my dinner on New Year's Day! It's a family thing...to eat junk like that on new year's day... that and meatballs and weenies, ham roll-ups (ham wrapped round pickles with cream cheese in the middle), and tortilla roll-ups!

Trisaratops said...

OH NO YOU DO NOT EVEN GO SEE OVER THE RHINE.

Are you kiddin' me? I heart them! Used to hear 'em play in the 'Nati all the time!

Yet another reason why you are super awesome!

Iron Jayhawk said...

I think hover-dude may have been trying to make a luuuuuuurve connection. Definitely checkin' out your super awesome ass.

And hopefully the dentist was nice to you...I need to go soon, and to be honest...I need my wisdom teeth yanked. It's not going to be much fun. :(

 
Site Meter