I almost skipped my run today. technically, i'm supposed to do my 9 tomorrow. but then I checked weather.com and realized that the current "feels like -5 degrees" was probably better than tommorrow's "feels like -17 degrees" and decided to hurry my ass outside to get the 9 in before it got dark.
have I mentioned that winter running and I aren't really getting along right now? good. because for the first 4 miles, I was blazing hot with the wind at my back. and then I found myself on the other side of the lake. where the Wind to End All Winds decided to try to kick my ass. I say "try" because it really pissed me off, and quite frankly, reminded me a lot of the emotional demons I am battling right now. so I simply ducked my head and took that wind on headfirst.
ever watched water freeze? I did today on my run. by mile 4 my bottle was slushy. by mile 7.5 it was mostly solid, to the point where the nozzle wouldn't open and I couldn't get the top off - it was frozen shut. awesome. I also realized at mile 4 that the reason why the condensation on my Oakley lenses wasn't going away was because said condensation had frozen into an icy film. seriously.
so, 9 miles, dones. the headwind was a bit of a shocker and chilled me a bit, but otherwise the cold wasn't so bad. until I had to stop moving to drive home... somehow the drive home is always 80 times worse than the actual run itself.
tomorrow i've got 6 on the menu. I was planning on doing it outside on trails, but I'm not so certain that's a good idea with the weather that they're forecasting. I may be hitting up the tread indoors...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
this post reminds me of a lil' ditty by Ms. Abdul...
HE'S A COLD HEARTED SNAKE....OOOOH!
Look innnnnnnnnnnnto my eyeeeeeeeez...
oh...whoa-oh...
H'es been telling lies...
Oh come on. I know yer dancin' to this, bieeeeeeeeeeeeeotch.
Is it March yet?
I know it's as cold in Michigan as it is in Chicago, and that feels mighty cold to me.
I can't imagine you running your six on the trail tomorrow. But good luck if you do!
OMG! It's MUCH colder here than in MI. I idolize you for getting out there.
Post a Comment