mouse: hey sweetie! how are you?
twin [in his sweet, sexy, southern drawl]: hey there, cupcake. i'm good. I bet I can guess what you're up to. you're putting on some lipstick and your dancing pants right now and you're about ready to go hit the town, aren't you?
mouse: no, actually I'm laying in bed in some sweats and a t-shirt, trying to motivate myself to go run.
twin: you're kidding me, right? um... are you aware that it's friday? where's the [mouse] that I know and love?
hahaha! after a more than amusing conversation that mostly consisted of him telling me to stop giggling while I debriefed him on what's going on with me and him telling me how absurd my life is, I laced up the shoes at 9:15 on a Friday night and headed over to the fitness center for 3 easy miles on the treadmill. Luckily, 10 Things I Hate About You was on the television, so I had good company. and now i'm curled up in bed, reading, and ready to drift off.
I don't know where the mouse you knew went, twin, but all I can think of are these Fiona lyrics...
I am likely to miss the main event
If I stop to cry or complain again
So I will keep a deliberate pace
Let the damned breeze dry my face
Oh, mister, wait until you see
What I'm gonna be
I've got a plan, a demand and it just began
And if you're right, you'll agree
Here's coming a better version of me
Here it comes a better version of me
Here it comes a better version of me

7 comments:
i'm doing my taxes. i'm just as cool on a friday night. yeah. :)
Your twin is SO awesome to keep you motivated to get on the treadmill for those short miles. WAY TO GO, girlie!
Many of us have been slacking, due to cold weather and general winter blahs.
Better days are coming, and it feels like we are all going to be getting our acts together soon.
mouse is an extraordinary machine. :)
that picture still cracks me up. I had to double up and run and swim last night because I slacked all week. But I was out of the gym by 8:30 PM. I'm trying to figure out when the heck I can squeeze in a 17 mile run tomorrow between my swim, a birthday party, and the superbowl!
Sometimes a Friday night alone is a great one. Hope you had a good night's rest.
i *heart* fiona apple
Post a Comment