So we're hopping along, doing the planned 6 out and back, and half a mile in I step on this THING on the path. and poof! my ankle is turned over and i'm all "AAAAAAARGHOLYFUCKTHISHURTSFJDKSL;AFHDJKS;FKLDSJ!" let's just say it wasn't very pleasant. Somehow I managed to run on trails for two years without ever turning my ankle, but i'm out on a fucking city path and boom... i'm down for the count.
So I'm freaking out because, seriously, this thing HURTS! and the tears that come to my eyes are immediately FREEZING, so I have ice forming clumps on my eyelashes, and it's making it difficult to open my eyes fully. and i'm hysterical anyways because "I HAVE SO MUCH TO DOOOOOO! NOOOO! I CAN'T BE INJURED! IT'S GOING TO DELAY MY GROCERY SHOPPING!!!!!"
I clearly am good at overreacting.
so by the time I get home both sides of my ankle are throbbing. under
With enough prescription strength ibuprofen, I was pretty much ok for the night, and even headed out with dice to watch the kansas game at a bar with the rest of the jayhawk clan. needless to say, I wasn't exactly drinking. I appreciate my liver and like to have it functioning appropriately.
It was stiff this morning so I iced and propped it up for approximately 1/2 an hour. Alas, we've been walking around all day running errands, and then we went to the gym so that I could lift (nothing involving putting weight on it) and swim while dice ran. By the time we got back, the ankle is pretty much a big mass of swolleness and is nice pretty shades of pink and purple. yeah, i'm icing now.
While I was swimming I had the super great experience of having to share a lane with some girl who came in toward the end of my workout. Normally, if a pool is crowded, i totally don't mind sharing a lane. but there were TWO LANES OPEN and the bitch asks me to move over so she can swim in the other side of the lane. I was like, whaaaaa? I only had 3 laps left so I just went with it but the girl complained about how cold the water was and then was out of the water and out of the shower by the time I was dressed, so I'm guessing I shared a lane with her so that she could swim for like, 10 WHOLE MINUTES or something. On the way out she was complaining to the people at the front desk about how cold the pool was, but I told the girl that yeah, it was chilly at first, but it REALLY wasn't that bad once you got moving. maybe if the girl had been in the pool long enough to even warm up, she would have realized it wasn't so freaking bad.
Tomorrow's day off will probably involve some more swimming along with some lifting in the morning and then I have a conference call in the afternoon to get the publication i'm working on with the former boss wrapped up. We're getting awfully close on it, so i'm excited as i've done the bulk of the work.
and, in case you all forgot, Tom Brady is the most dreamboatyest of all dreamboats. he makes me swoon. *sigh*
on a quick related note, I am glad that dice loves me, because he puts up with me telling him that every football player that ever played for Michigan is dreamy as all getout. And he eats things that I make for dinner without complaining. Even when it has things that we don't know how to pronounce in it (like, quinoa).

3 comments:
OMG! You actually RAN in the cold. Wow! You and Dice are SO brave. I hope your ankle gets better. Baby it until you know it is 100%. Sprains are nothing to mess with.
That stinks! Hope you're doing better soon.
Hope your ankle is getting better!!
Post a Comment