it's cold here in Minneapolis *surprised face* and there is snow all over the ground. I'm supposed to be out for my 10 miler in... oh, 12 minutes. I am currently curled up in jule's bed with my pajamas still on. it's nice.
The last few days have been pretty fantastic, with the exception of the flight that I thought was going to kill me as we started rolling almost immediately as we lifted off the ground. I expect a bit of turbulence on any flight, but this was exceptional.
Wednesday night we had a fantastic sushi dinner and then rocked out to the Foo Fighters. the show was incredible and it's always a lot of fun to see julie get really really excited about dave grohl.
I slept for a solid 10+ hours yesterday and woke up to pretty much just lounge around all day while jules finished up some stuff at work. when she got home we chilled out and went for a run in the snowy, windy mess that mother nature had concocted for us. by the end of the run we were both feeling pretty badass for having even made it out the door. Then we met up with the BFF (julie's roommate) and one of their friends for dinner and several glasses of wine. overall, a chilled out, relaxing day. a perfect way to spend a vacation day.
today I need to get my run done and get a tiny bit of work on the manuscript out of the way before we go shopping this afternoon and then out for dinner with a bunch of people.
the only bad thing about visiting any of the crazychicas is that I always wish that we lived closer. over dinner the other night, we had a spontaneous skitzo quote come out of the middle of no where ("I never thought I was that pretty until I met you guys") and we couldn't stop laughing about it. ah... good times. I guess we'll have to settle for reunions for now. *sigh*
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think it takes those reunions to make us appreciate our friends.
Have fun shopping tonight. Make sure you run along the Minnehaha trail between Lake Harriet and Nokomis. It is SOOO beautiful and an easy 8 mile round trip too. Good luck!
Post a Comment